Friday, March 9, 2007

Socks and Stash

I went out on the town and spent money I shouldn't and time I don't have buying yarn for knitting that is distracting me from my goal of finishing my masters degree.

I went to Make One and bought an extra two balls of Jamieson's so I can make Venezia a cardigan, though I I am considering ditching this idea. If I can wear a blouse under it, it is OK as a pullover, but the amount of ease and the style of neckline makes me think a blouse underneath might not work. And yes, I am still working on the sweater.

Also picked up my favourite colourway of Noro Silk Garden. I made a hat in this colour, then gave it to my sister. I loved the hat and wanted it back, but since I am too nice to steal it from her, I'll just knit another.



I then headed off to Gina Brown's, another local yarn store, and bought some Sisu sock yarn from Sandnes. It is destined to become a pair of thank you socks for my case study supervisor.



I wanted another transit knitting project, so thought I would try a pair of big chunky socks for the husband. So, bought some King Cole superwash double knitting yarn. I think they may be too small...





And I finished these.
Yarn: Lang Jawoll Color, 75% wool, 18% nylon, 7% acrylic, with reinforcing thread
Needles: 2.5mm Crystal Palace DPN's
Pattern: Simple toe up with 3X3 ribbing



Is it just my twisted sense of reality, or does it seem to other people that knitting blogs would provide all the material a person with a foot fetish would need to be happy (not that I am one of those people; I'm just saying...). I mean, the number of foot portraits is phenomenal!

No comments: