Thursday, February 22, 2007

Why

I thought I would address the 'why' of the title of my blog "Knitting with Parrots;" it is kind of dishonest because:

1. I have only one parrot
2. I don't actually knit with the parrots, i.e. I haven't found some chi-chi knitting boutique that sells rare artisan, parrot-bone knitting needles made in an obscure South American village and sold to support the local school


However, my husband and I do have one small parrot and because we feel guilty constantly and excessively because she is not flying free with a mate in South America (but she is NOT wild caught) she is almost always out of her cage. Because she loves fabric, and I cannot possibly convey how much she loves it, she is always, ceaselessly, 'helping' with my knitting.









Actually, the last picture is a loom, but since it is within the 'fibre arts' I think it counts.

No comments: